20110624

Interior Scene

The competition was run early 2010 by Evermotion, a very well known forum for CG artists around the world. 

I had been a member on Evermotion for a few years and never posted anything so I thought I would make a start by doing this competition.

The theme for this competition was simple: to create an interior scene - "existing or your own".  I had been working on a design of a house (sort of a dream house I guess) and I thought this was a great opportunity to model the house up in 3D - a good time to get the ball rolling on where I was going with the design.  Like I said in an earlier post I am a huge fan of the architecture by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright.  I think it easy to see that I was heavily influenced by FLW's textile block houses.

Although I was reasonably happy with the outcome of the image I was not sure about the direction of the interior styling - I will revisit this house in the future for sure.  Stay tuned. 

This competition had some fantastic entries where the artists placed were well deserved.  I enjoyed the process of working on my own design and looked forward to the next.
The link for my thread in the competition here.  You can see a sketch of the plan, early wip white renders and some raw renders before post was applied to the final renders.

Software used was: 3dsmax2010, Mental Ray, ZBrush, OnyxTree, Photoshop & Aftereffects.

These were my final submitted images.