20110616

Dr No More

In August 2009 I tried my hand at one of the CGSociety challenges.  This was CGChallenge XXIV: Secret Agent.  A great theme that really inspired me to do something great.  I don't know if that is what I achieved but I certainly enjoyed the process and the break from arch viz for a little while.

CGSociety hosts a forum that is literally filled with hundreds of amazing artists from all walks of life doing all sorts of amazing crazy digital art.  Needless to say it was a long shot for little old me had never done anything like this before (character involved)  to place.  But that's not the point - the point is to participate and learn and this I did.

Software: 3ds max2009, mental ray, ZBrush, Photoshop, After Effects.

Also: The cat base was modelled by Richard Lewis












And a little back story that accompanied my final submission:

For many evil years the AMA dangled world peace over the worlds leaders. But this was never to be. The AMA used their power to create uncertainty in the world and dictate how they saw fit from the shadows.
These times were hard as unemployment, poverty and crime were at their all time worst. During such time a handful of the worlds best operatives were rounded up with one objective - To end the evil that to date could not be stopped.
This seemed an impossible task as the operatives were foiled at every turn. The head of the AMA was a ghost who had eyes everywhere and could not be touched...

No one knows for sure when it happened. Winter 69? But it did.
No more war.
No more hunger.
No more hate.